[Insight-developers] Template metaprogramming magic coming to itk::Image?

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 30 16:55:41 EDT 2005

I'm quite impressed with the efforts to make the itk::OrientedImage
TransformPhysicalPointToIndex (etc.) methods fast through the use of
clever template meta-programming.

Is there any plan to bring this technique to itk::Image? I've got some
calls to these methods in some inner loops that really slows things
down. I've resorted to partial-specialization type hacks, but it would
be great to know if this was in the pipeline. (Or conversely, to know
that it wasn't, so that maybe I'd give a crack at bringing them over to
itk::Image myself.)

Zach