[Insight-developers] [ITK + Wrapping (Python)] Wrapping classes proposal - V.3

Benoit Regrain benoit.regrain at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Jun 28 09:43:11 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brad King" <brad.king at kitware.com>
To: "Benoit Regrain" <benoit.regrain at creatis.insa-lyon.fr>
Cc: <insight-developers at itk.org>
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Insight-developers] [ITK + Wrapping (Python)] Wrapping classes
proposal - V.3

> Benoit Regrain wrote:
>> Concerning this patch, I would now :
>> - if ITK is interested by that, and integrate it
>>   (thus, I will continue and write the wrap_Xxx.cmake
>>   files for other ITK parts)
>> - if there have conceptual or other problems with this proposal
>>   (for each of 2 points)
> Certainly we will consider putting this in ITK because it will be useful
> to others and is essentially attempting to do what we have not had time to
> do ourselves.  Thanks for your efforts so far.
>
> There are a few things with which we must deal before this work will be
> ready for inclusion in ITK proper:
>
> 1.) It will have to be updated for the CVS version of ITK because we do
> not want to make such large changes in a release branch.
It's done. In the CVS repository, you have a CSwigNight directory that will
replace the actual CSwig directory of ITK. (The Readme.txt file at the root
of repository indicates changes to do in ITK source code).

> 2.) Whatever changes are made must be tested with Tcl and Java wrapping as
> well.  The wrapper configuration files are shared among the languages.
I don't know Tcl and Java with wrapping. Could anyone help me to do them ?

> 3.) We'd like to avoid making changes to python.cxx in the CableSwig
> sources.  There are two reasons for this.  First we do not want the
> sources to deviate from the original SWIG versions so that we can upgrade
> the internal SWIG version at any time.  Second we want consistency among
> the wrappers for the different languages.  If special support is added to
> CableSwig for python an equivalent should be made available for the other
> languages (if it makes sense for them too).
There is no changes in CableSwig ;-)

Cheers
Benoit Regrain

PS : CVS repository :