[Insight-developers] Re: [ITK + Python] Wrapping classes proposal - V.2

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jun 23 09:30:57 EDT 2005

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gaetan Lehmann"
>> Brad, is it possible to get those informations with cable swig :
>>  + template parameters (it's possible, see below, but there is surely
>> something better) ?
>>  + template parameters names ?
>>  + template parameters default values ?

This would require modification of GCC-XML to actually put the template
arguments used for an instantiation in the output.  Here is an
explanation of why this has not yet been done:

http://www.gccxml.org/pipermail/gccxml/2005-January/000532.html

Benoit Regrain wrote:
> I have seen the CableSwig use and I haven't found solutions to add
> variables while the wrapping. It's possible with Swig because we don't
> have the use of gcc and cableidx before the swig call.
> Brad, have you a solution for that ?

In the long term we'd like to get rid of CableSwig altogether and
instead add a "%xml(gccxml)" option to native SWIG to pull in .xml
source descriptions dumped by GCC-XML.  Then you'd be able to use all
these nice SWIG features directly.  We have no time to do this right now
but if you want to try it I can get you started.

Otherwise the only way to do this would be to modify CableSwig
specifically to support these particular variables.

-Brad