[Insight-developers] add operator< and operator> support initk::Index

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Fri Jun 3 12:02:36 EDT 2005

For storage and searching lexicographically, I can understand the
motivation.  But since it does not have a geometic meaning, I
hesitate to put it into Index.  The whole purpose of Index to
provide a link between a geometric space and the linear address
space an image uses to store its pixels.

Can we provide function objects (that people will have to go out
of their way to use) to provide a lexicographically ordering of
Indices?