[Insight-developers] GDCM Data Dictionary

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Thu Jan 6 10:05:01 EST 2005

Right now, I'm trying to pass the binary data through from the reader. I'm
base64 encoding the data and then decoding it. I am very close I think.

The reason I'm doing this is because the File Meta Information length is not
optional. Granted some readers don't use it, but, for example, I can't
create a dicom image with itk and read it into a commercial GE Advantage
Windows workstation.

The changes I'm making for the meta data handling are all in
itkGDCMImageIO.cxx.

Bill