[Insight-developers] ICC8.0 issue and CMake check for endiane ss

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen at crd.ge.com
Mon Jan 3 13:48:12 EST 2005

Bill,

I think I figured out what happened. The first time I ran cmake, I had not
set a required LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The TestBigEndian.c code failed with a 127
exit status. The TestBigEndian.cmake code only checked for 0=little endian,
!=0 big endian. SO it incorrectly set the define in itkConfgure.h. WHen I
ran the test by hand, I had set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and it ran just fine.

I was doing this while I was doing multiple things on multiple systems.

I have submitted a bug to the cmake bug tracker to repair the
TestBigEndian.cmake code so that is detects failures.

Bill