[Insight-developers] CVS Re-opening

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at psychiatry.uiowa.edu
Fri Feb 11 09:56:30 EST 2005

Luis,

I am working on a release of BRAINS2 to make available at the next BIRN
all hands meeting in march, and to have available for the next release
cycle of imaging software for the BIRN consortium that is coming up in
april. I've set up a dashboard for brains2
(developer.psychiatry.uiowa.edu/Testing/Dashboard.html) where most of
the modifications have been tested for the past few weeks.

I do have 2 sets of changes I'd like to make:

1) I have Insight building as an integral part of brains2, but when I
run ctest on brains2, the ITK tests are also run. I've enhanced the
CMakeLists.txt to allow finer control of testing. First was to include
the PrintSelf tests inside the ITK_DISABLE_CXX_TESTING conditional.
Second was to surround Java, Python, and TCL test in
ITK_DISABLE_JAVA_TESTING, ITK_DISABLE_PYTHON_TESTING,
ITK_DISABLE_TCL_TESTING conditionals. This has been tested for several
weeks with TCL wrapping turn both on and off.

2) Updates to NrrdIO to prevent bogus errors under certain
optimizations. I've tested the changes with/without optimization under
gcc3.2.3 EM64T 64 bit compiliation, gcc3.2.3 x86 32bit, SGI MipsPro
without, and in each case the test that have been failing for months
begin to pass.

Regards,
Hans

PS: Something that we would also like, but will require discussion on
the TCON on how to proceed, is how to deal with meta-data information
uniformly across image types. In particular, how does one get patient
orientation information from the image?