[Insight-developers] NRRD Image Format (and tensor estimation thereafter?)

Vincent A. Magnotta vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu
Mon Dec 5 21:21:42 EST 2005

Karthik,

It has been my experience that loading a NRRD formated image, all of the
images are stored in a single vector image. Gordon will have to weigh in
on the NAMIC "standard".

Vince

Karthik Krishnan wrote:

> Done. You have the option of specifying the gradients in a a single
> VectorImage or as several itk::Image
>
> One question:
> Doesn't the he nrrd format for DWI images store the B0 and the 'n'
> gradient images in one nrrd image or are they in two seperate images ?
> Is that the NAMIC defacto ?
>
> bye
> karthik
>
> Gordon Kindlmann wrote:
>
>> hello,
>>
>>> Reference + DWI Gradient images  ---->
>>> DiffusionTensor3DReconstructionImageFilter  -----> itk::Image<
>>> DiffusionTensor3D< TScalar >, 3 >
>>>
>>> To this image you can apply one of the may tensor filters like:
>>>
>>> TensorFractionalAnisotropyImageFilter,
>>> TensorRelativeAnisotropyImageFilter,
>>> Hessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter,

--
Assistant Professor
Department of Radiology
E-mail: vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu