[Insight-developers] Cosine Direction Vectors, and itk::SpatialOrientation

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Wed Aug 3 12:13:38 EDT 2005

I started writing a whole e-mail about this, but figured it would be
better to drop it in the WIKI and point to it:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:Orientation#Cosine_Direction_Vectors.2C_and_itk::SpatialOrientation_.28Kent_Williams.29

how Orientation is represented.  There haven't been howls of pain from
Insight Users (that I've heard) because most of them don't depend on the
either the Orientation code in the metadata or the Direction vectors. I
know that some grad students here at Iowa are having to touch this
stuff, but they're apparently not the howling sort, and can get advice
from Vince, Hans, and I on handling their specific application issues.