[Insight-developers] wrapped filters types

Gaetan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Apr 6 07:20:24 EDT 2005

Hi,

One of the biggest problem when I try to use itk wrappers, is that not all
filters are wrapped.
Itk wrapper user can rebuild the wrapper to add the filter he need, but
clearly, if someone use the wrapper, he don't want to have to rebuild the
wrappers.
ITK should have a script to be sure that all filters are wrapped.

The other big problem is that it's sometime impossible to build a pipeline
with the same type, because all the types are not wrapped. I know that
wrapped all types for all filters would produce a too big library. A
possible solution would be to make all filters (except cast filter)
avaible only with the same input and output type. If user wants to change
type in is pipeline, he must use a cast filter. This would make possible
to wrap all filters with all types.
Some filters (like rescale or label filters) should also be avaible with
more types.

Comments ?

Gaetan.

--