[Insight-developers] How to get the input requested region of a filter?

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Mon Oct 11 13:10:49 EDT 2004

Julien,

You could manually perform the steps that DataObject::Update() does:

filter->GetOutput()->UpdateOutputInformation();
filter->GetOutput()->PropagateRequestedRegion();

After making these calls, all the meta data and pipeline information should
be available (LargestPossibleRegion, RequestedRegion, pipeline modified
times).

You can then call

filter->GetInput()->GetRequestedRegion()

to see what RequestedRegion is being requested for the input to your filter.

Note that the first two calls are on the OUTPUT of the filter.  Everything
is driven from the filter output.  After calling these methods on the
OUTPUT of the filter, the meta data on the INPUTS will be valid.

Jim