[Insight-developers] Unified CVS commit tags

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Wed Oct 6 08:40:02 EDT 2004

Hi Jim,

For NEW, I would say Rev 1.1 + ENH -> NEW. The only reason for this tags
is to quickly look through the change logs. The NEW does not add any
information, since you see that it is a fresh commit.

All runtime issues with the code can be categorized into three
categories:

1. Code that is new and adds functionality
2. Code that improves performance
3. Code that fixes bug

First two are easy. The third one is problematic. If you use term FIX,
then you will notice that people will fix performance of algorithm and
use FIX. Or they will fix build problem and again use FIX.

BUG at least forces you to say, ok, are we fixing bug or build problem,
or just improving the code?

			Andy

				Andy Cedilnik
				Kitware Inc.