[Insight-developers] MetaIO, ElementDataFile = LIST 2

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Mon Nov 15 15:09:50 EST 2004

I have a 4D dataset that I am trying to read in using the Meta format.  My
4D data is kept in a set of 2D image files so am trying to use the
"ElementDataFile = LIST 2" tag so that I
can list all the filenames containing the raw image data and indicate that
each file is a 2D slice from the 4D dataset.

When I run my program I get a set of errors for the Meta library.  The
errors are different on each system that I have run so I think the entire
state of the parser is getting hosed. In other words the actual error
messages printed are irrelevant.

I noticed that MetaImage has two methods Read() and ReadStream() that both
query the ElementDataFile tag.  However, the Read() method peeks at the
dimensionality field for each slice while the ReadStream() method ignores
the dimensionality specified.  I cut-and-pasted
the section of the Read() method that looks at the ElementDataFile tag and
put it in the ReadStream() method.  Now my program runs but it going to take
a couple of days before I know the results of the processing.  Can someone
more familar with the Meta format take a look at the differences between the
Read() and ReadStream() methods to make sure that the "ElementDataFile =
LIST 2" is properly handled?

Jim Miller
Visualization & Computer Vision
GE Research
Bldg. KW, Room C218B
1 Research Circle, Schenectady NY 12309-1027

millerjv at research.ge.com <mailto:millerjv at research.ge.com>

james.miller at research.ge.com
(518) 387-4005, Dial Comm: 8*833-4005,
Cell: (518) 505-7065, Fax: (518) 387-6981