[Insight-developers] Integration of GDCM 0.6 into ITK

Julien Jomier jjomier at cs.unc.edu
Mon Nov 8 15:02:13 EST 2004

Hi Mathieu,

I think you should put 'itkgdcm' between IF(USE_GDCM) ENDIF(USE_GDCM) in the
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES in Insight/Code/IO/CMakeLists.txt. Otherwise Tests and
Examples are trying to link with the library even if the option is turned
OFF.

--------------------Configuration: itkNumericsTests - Win32
RelWithDebInfo--------------------
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "itkgdcm.lib"
Error executing link.exe.

Adding:

IF(USE_GDCM)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(ITKIO
itkgdcm)
ENDIF(USE_GDCM)

seems to work on my local copy (Win2k-MSVC6) but still getting some mangling
issues... (I'm investigating...)

----
ITKIO.lib(itkJPEGImageIO.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_itk_jpeg8_jpeg_read_header
itktiff.lib(tif_jpeg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_itk_jpeg8_jpeg_read_header
ITKIO.lib(itkJPEGImageIO.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_itk_jpeg8_jpeg_stdio_src
ITKIO.lib(itkJPEGImageIO.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_itk_jpeg8_jpeg_CreateDecompress
----

Julien