[Insight-developers] Simplex Volume Calculator

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Mon Nov 1 14:14:35 EST 2004

I just took a quick look at the RegularSphere code.  I don't see
anything that would suggest an inproper ordering. 'Course the best
way to tell would be to write out a VTK file and see if the normals
are flipped. Haven't tried that yet.

Could the problem be in the TriangleMeshToSimplexMeshFilter? This
filter takes the nice triangle mesh and converts into some other
structure based on the center points of the triangles. I guess I don't
understand what a SimplexMesh is.

TriangleMeshToSimplexMeshFilter claims to reorient the vertices for
geometry computations.  Since it looks like the triangles may have
been oriented correctly, maybe the "reorientation" code in incorrect.

The RegularSphere could still be incorrect. I just made a quick
pass through the logic and drew a few pictures that made it seem
like it was doing the right thing.

Jim