[Insight-developers] SegmentationLevelSet template parameters

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Thu May 27 12:24:43 EDT 2004

The SegmentationLevelSet has an optional template parameter that the
documentation says not to change from the default value.  The documentation
says this template parameter is needed in order to instantiate the
superclass properly.

I presume this was done this way to get around some problem with dependent
template parameters (where one template parameter depends on subtypes of a
prior template parameter) during instantiation of the superclass.

>From the looks of it, however, this just moves the burden to the subclasses
of SegmentationLevelSetFilter which pass this optional template parameter
explictly to the superclass using dependent template parameters.

Anyone recall why this optional template parameter is needed? Was it for a
specific compiler?

I removed this parameter from my version of the code and everything seems to
build on .NET 2003.

If we don't need this anymore, I'll check in my changes to
SegmentationLevelSetImageFilter and all its subclasses.

Jim Miller
Visualization & Computer Vision
GE Research
Bldg. KW, Room C218B
P.O. Box 8, Schenectady NY 12301

millerjv at research.ge.com <mailto:millerjv at research.ge.com>

james.miller at research.ge.com
(518) 387-4005, Dial Comm: 8*833-4005,
Cell: (518) 505-7065, Fax: (518) 387-6981