[Insight-developers] CableSwig build problem resolved

Hans J. Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:52:07 -0600

Brad, Bill, or other CableSwig Maintainers,

I had a nasty little problem compiling CableSwig that started
intermitantly after the merging with the main SWIG tree.

The file  Utilities/CableSwig/SWIG/Source/CParse/cscanner.c includes
"parser.h" with the intent of getting
Utilities/CableSwig/SWIG/Source/CParse/parser.h.  The problem is that my
system has 8 different parser.h files from other packages, and one of
them is being included instead of the desired parser.h.

/usr/include/gnome-xml/parser.h
/usr/include/libxml2/libxml/parser.h
/usr/include/namazu/parser.h
/usr/include/pgsql/server/parser/parser.h
/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-28.9/net/tux/parser.h
/home/hjohnson/src/buildhome/gcc3/DEBUG/include/parser.h
/home/hjohnson/src/brains2/iplFreeware/gcc3/DEBUG/Insight-build/Utilities/CableSwig/SWIG/Source/CParse/parser.h

(The offending version this time is from the AFNI package that I need
installed for my integration with brains2.).

The problem is not really your problem, but the solution should be easy
to implement, and sure would help avoid this problem in the future.
Would it be possible have it's name changed to something like
swig_parser.h?

Thanks for your consideration.

Hans