[Insight-developers] RFC: patch for making itkVTKImageExport and Import more robust

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
15 Mar 2004 19:07:24 +0100

Dear developers,

I would like to apply the attached patch.  It tries to prevent your
application from  crashing and burning when someone disconnects the
input of an itkVTKImageExport or when your itkVTKImageImport only finds
a NULL buffer pointer to work from.

Any comments?  Should I rather be throwing exceptions in the
itkVTKImageExport?  Seeing that itkVTKImageExport is usually directly
exporting to VTK and that I only recently committed exception-handling
modifications to vtkImageImport,  I think the way it is now might be
more suitable.

Thanks,
Charl