[Insight-developers] Visible Human/Insight Artwork

Terry S. Yoo tyoo at mail.nih.gov
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:31:49 -0500

Okay... so we've moved to a new level of the corporate evolutionary
ladder.  We're now past initial development and into application
development, core consolidation followed by expansion, and outreach.

That means promotion.   No... not raises for everybody.  I mean
marketing, advertising, penetration of research projects and
disciplines, etc.

You know, the things that we all *didn't* go to business school to avoid.

--

We have been solicited for art, illustrations, and other interesting
images for a book on modern medical illustration and technology, or

In addition to this effort, we are beginning an effort to generate
posters based on ITK work, related to NIH missions including
brain segmentation, eye segmentation and modeling, inner-ear
visualization, and other areas of interest.

We are seeking artwork - images generated with as high a resolution
as we are capable of generating (minimum of 2K x 2K pixel images)
for inclusion in posters, textbooks, etc.  Suitable credit will
be given if the images are published, and captions will be included
if appropriate for the presentation.

Among the other efforts, we need the artwork/posters for the walls
at NLM so that we can help continue to generate interest in ITK
among our visitors.  We also need a cover for the Insight Theory
Book and other publications such as an upcoming special issue of
CACM, the special issue of MedIA on ITK, or other projects.

Please send me images of this nature by March 31st, if possible.
They are welcome at any time, but for consideration in the medical
illustration book project they need to be in by the end of the
month.  Sit your grad students down with your tools, and see
how "pretty" an image you can generate.  Start a contest or
something.  This type of image should be appealing first (ugh)
and technical in nature only as a secondary consideration (ugh again).

This is not an order.  It is not some sort of compelling directive
from your project officer.  It is a polite request for cool
stuff.

Thanks.

Terry

Terry S. Yoo, Ph.D.
National Library of Medicine                  National Institutes of Health
High Performance Computing and Communications               yoo at nlm.nih.gov