[Insight-developers] vcl compilation--Compiler flags not propogated correctly

Hans Johnson hjohnson at mail.psychiatry.uiowa.edu
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:49:28 -0600

Brad,

I spent some time today tracking this down.  There were actually 2
separate problems.  First is that the wrapping does not work on the icc
compiler or the SGI compilers.  Second,  I had set custom compile flags,
but not link flags,  this is what now works:

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING= -g -UNDEBUG  -w1 -wd810,188 -i_dynamic
CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING='   '
CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=   -i_dynamic -shared -fPIC -pthread
CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING=    -i_dynamic -shared -fPIC -pthread

I know that if the CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS is set teh same as the other,
it also does not work.

I will be trying to compile the wrapping periodically, because I really
need that functionality.  Thanks for all you help.

Regards,
Hans

PS: I think you hard-coded the i_dynamic somewhere that can now be
removed.  I've seen compliations where this flag is set twice (no big
deal, it will just cause problems at some point in the future if I
needed to turn i_dynamic off).