[Insight-developers] itk:FlipImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:46:22 -0500

Kent,

Maybe what is in question is the meaning of "fliping".

If you have an image formed by the following four
characters:

           AB
           CD

AB are along the X axis, thus the fastest moving axis
= axis[0].

AC are along the Y axis, thus the slowest moving axis
= axis[1].

If you process this image with the FlipImageFilter
and provide a flip  array  = [1,0] the output image
will look like

            BA
            DC

If instead you provide a flip array = [0,1] the
output image will look like

            CD
            AB

A new example was added to the CVS repository under

   Insight/Examples/Filtering/FlipImageFilter.cxx

The last two arguments in the command line are the
parameters for the flip array.  You may want to
try this example and check if it corresponds to
what you are observing.

    Luis