[Insight-developers] Suggestion for ITK cvs tagging

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:23:45 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0063_01C3D365.3C99B5D0

At Iowa we're in the position of needing to build against the CVS =
version of ITK for our development of Brains2, but don't necessarily =
want to be at the bleeding edge of the daily updates.

It would be nice if some non-branch tags were dropped on days when the =
dashboard is all or mostly green, so that there were some intermediate =
'known-mostly-good' snapshots we could compile against.  With developer =
access I probably have priveleges to do top-level tags myself, but I =
hesitate to do so -- not only does it thrash the CVS Repository, but it =
engenders confusion if we get into a tagging free-for-all.  There's also =
the problem that CVS tagging isn't an atomic operation -- people do =
checkins all the time when it's daytime in the US.

------=_NextPart_000_0063_01C3D365.3C99B5D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>At Iowa we're in the position of =
needing to build=20
against the CVS version of ITK for our development of Brains2, but don't =

necessarily want to be at the bleeding edge of the daily =
updates.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It would be nice if some non-branch =
tags were=20
dropped on days when the dashboard is all or mostly green, so that there =
were=20
some intermediate 'known-mostly-good' snapshots we could compile =
against.&nbsp;=20
With developer access I probably have priveleges to do top-level tags =
myself,=20
but I hesitate to do so -- not only does it thrash the CVS Repository, =
but it=20
engenders confusion if we get into a tagging free-for-all.&nbsp; There's =
also=20
the problem that CVS tagging isn't an atomic operation -- people do =
checkins all=20
the time when it's daytime in the US.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0063_01C3D365.3C99B5D0--