[Insight-developers] Dashboard Watcher 1.0

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Wed Dec 15 08:42:57 EST 2004

Julien,

Will your Dashboard Watcher use a proxy server?

I downloaded the Dashboard Watcher but it doesn't display any dashboard
information.  I am guessing that the Dashboard Watcher is trying to connect
directly to the appropriate URL via port 80.  In our computer setup,
we need to communicate to a proxy server and proxy port to access
web pages that are outside our intranet.

If set the standard environment variables HTTP_PROXY and HTTP_PROXY_PORT,
will the Dashboard Watcher use them in configuring it HTTP connection?

Jim