[Insight-developers] Proposed changes to SpatiaObjects

Julien Jomier jjomier at cs . unc . edu
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 20:51:12 -0500

Hi all,

As Jim pointed out last week, children of a SpatialObject were stored in a
list of raw pointers to SpatialObjects and are now stored in a list of
SmartPointers. I've also modified the SceneSpatialObject class to store
objects in a list of SmartPointers as well. Thanks Jim for the report.

I've implemented (not checked in) a SpatialObjectToPointSetFiter to be able
to use SpatialObjects in the PointSet registration framework. Stephen and I
found the need for an itkPointBasedSpatialObject class as a base class for
point based spatial objects (Line, Surface, Blob, Polygon, Landmark and
Tube). This also requires the SpatialObjectPoints to be stored in a
std::vector instead of std::list.

Let me know if you see any objection to these modifications.

Thanks,

Julien