[Insight-developers] Insight Software Consortium

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc . edu
Mon, 03 Nov 2003 09:21:19 -0500

Hi,

Here is a status report on the ISC.

University lawyers have looked over the bylaws, made suggestions for
changes, and have been very supportive of this effort.   They anticipate
few conflicts being raised by most universities; however, we acknowledge
that certain universities/companies may have more stringent rules - some
simply do not allow their employees to participate in outside activities
including non-profit - we see no way around this.

We've updated the bylaws based on their suggestions.   Right now the
changes are being reviewed.

We hope to publish the bylaws for comments within a few weeks.

The plan is to file to become a non-profit consortium in early 2004.
(Will pointed out that this way we don't have to deal with taxes for 2003.)

Things appear to be going very smoothly with this.

Let me know if you have questions/comments.

Stephen