[Insight-developers] Purify Errors Still in ITK

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:53:46 -0500

While we are on the subject of purify errors, everyone should
have a look here:
http://www.itk.org/Testing/Sites/moxel2.crd/WinNT-VC++60/20030318-0500-Nightly/Purify.html

Reading the purify output is not that difficult.
It shows a call stack with an error code:

Here is a list of the current errors in the ITK tests:

FMM -> Free memory mismatch  (delete instead of delete [], or free instead of delete)
MLK -> memory leak, purify shows the call stack of the allocation
MPK  -> potential memory leak, usually means a leak
UMR  -> un-initialized memory read,

Here is the current list of tests with problems:

itk2DDeformableTest
itkAnalyzeImageIOTest
itkAnalyzeIOBigEndian
itkAnalyzeIOBigEndianCompressed.hdr
itkAnalyzeIOBigEndianCompressed.img
itkAnalyzeIOBigEndianCompressed.img.gz
itkAnalyzeIOInternalTests
itkAnalyzeIOLittleEndian
itkAnalyzeIOLittleEndianCompressed
itkAnalyzeIOShouldSucceed
itkBinaryMask3DMeshSourceTest
itkBloxBoundaryPointImageToBloxBoundaryProfileImageFilterTest
itkDeformableTest
itkDicomDifficultFile
itkDICOMImageIO2Test
itkIOPrintTest    --> most of the trouble seems to be from here: itk::VOLImageIO
itkKdTreeBasedKmeansEstimatorTest
itkMathematicalMorphologyImageFilterTest
itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetricTest
itkMemoryLeakTest
itkMetaDataDictionaryTest
itkMetaImageIOTest
itkSTLThreadTest
itkVectorGradientMagnitudeImageFilterTest1
itkVectorGradientMagnitudeImageFilterTest2
vnl_test_resize  -> I just checked in a fix

-Bill