[Insight-developers] XML, Dynamic Compilation and Templated code

Will Schroeder will.schroeder@kitware.com
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 12:07:23 -0500

Hi Yarden-

At 09:40 AM 3/7/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>2. Dynamic Compilation - We would like to have DC in ITK and have a
>solution (which is
>                                                implemented in SCIRun
> already). I'll talk about the Why, How
>                                                and What kind of
> requirements it poses on ITK.
>3. Non-templated base classes - This partially part of the Dynamic
>Compilation and partially
>                                               a result of the fact that
> we are using a run-time rather then
>                                               compile-time construction
> of ITK filters.

Just a note: last time I checked dynamic compilation was not supported by
SCIRun on Windows platforms. This is a necessary since Windows is a
required platform. We can talk more at the TCon.

Also, I think that you are asking for fundamental changes to ITK with
approximately 4 months left of development (in July we are thinking to
freeze all new features and start preparing the final ITK version 1.4 since
the project expires in September). This is a lot to ask in the time given.

Will