[Insight-developers] Need sample Input files: InsightData CVS module ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:43:57 -0500

George,

Using the real file size is great as
far as testing IO is concerned, but
the problem is that this image data
is going in a directory of the source
tree.

The bare C++ in the toolkit makes now
about 48Mb, but with the images we added
for the base line, the size is growing
rapidly.

A normal user doesn't really cares about
the images in the baseline, so it is hard
to justify for them that the ITK repository
contains 50% to 70% of image data that they
do not need.

Maybe the Data shouldn't be in the main
source tree but in something like an "InsightData"
cvs module as it is done in VTK...

Note that we also have some images in
Examples/Data, those could also be moved
to a InsightData cvs module.

We already have a CMake variable that will
allow to indicate where the data has been
installed.