[Insight-developers] Pattern Intensity Similarity Metric

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:12:56 -0400

Hi John,

You are right, the current "PatternIntensityMetric"
doesn't follow the description of the original paper.

Lydia raised this same concern recently while she
was describing this metric for the Registration chapter
of the theory book.

It seems that the right thing to do is to rename the
current ITK class to something else in order to avoid
confusion.

In that way, if you want to implement the 'real'
PatternIntensityMetric the right name will be
available.

Feel free to go ahead and use the name for your metric,
but please hold on checking it in until we rename the
current ITK metric.

Regards,

    Luis