[Insight-developers] need help with gcc 3.3 compile error

Lydia Ng lng at insightful . com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:24:21 -0700

Hi,

I was wondering if a gcc 3.3 whiz could help me with a compile problem.

Background:

The LevelSetFunction class has a protected structure "GlobalDataStruct"
used to compute the update time for every thread.

For our A2D2 shape prior stuff, I subclass=20
ShapePriorSegmentationLevelSetFunction from
SegmentationLevelSetFunction which is a subclass of=20
LevelSetFunction.

In my ShapePriorLevelSetFunction class I would like to subclass/inherit
a ShapePriorGlobalDataStruct form GlobalDataStruct so that I can take
the shape term into account when computing the update time.

Currently, I do this by:

  typedef typename Superclass::GlobalDataStruct GlobalDataStruct;
  struct ShapePriorGlobalDataStruct : public GlobalDataStruct
   {
     ScalarValueType m_MaxShapePriorChange;
   };

This seems to work for all compilers on the dashboard except
Linux-gcc-3.3 (hythloth.kitware)=20

http://www . itk . org/Testing/Sites/hythloth . kitware/zTesting-Linux-gcc-3 . 3
/20030716-0500-Nightly/BuildError.html

I don't have this compiler to try things out - so any suggestions for
those who have gcc-3.3 would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lydia