[Insight-developers] VTK in FLTK on OSX

John M. Galeotti jgaleotti at cmu . edu
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:48:14 -0400

There is currently a major problem on Mac OSX systems regarding VTK and
FLTK (the toolkits used by many ITK apps, including our own):  FLTK
goes crazy if you do not give each VTK window its own FLTK window.
Apparently, each VTK window takes over the entire FLTK window in which
it is placed, covering up all other widgets.  If 2 VTK windows are
placed side by side in a single FLTK window, then both VTK windows will
cover the entire FLTK window, but one of the VTK windows will end up on
top of the other VTK window.

Are there any plans to fix this?  If not, does anyone know where I
should start looking to fix it myself?  Would
vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor be a good place to start?  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
John Galeotti
jgaleotti at cmu . edu