[Insight-developers] Some Q's about avoiding build failures

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:06:26 -0500 (EST)

> My question is, what sort of GCC compiler flags can force gcc 2.96 to be
> this picky? I would sure rather catch this myself rather than do it in
> front of everybody.

Use the flags "-Wall -W -Wno-long-long -Wno-deprecated" to turn on most of
the warnings.  Unfortunately, GCC 2.96 does not implement the full warning
set produced by version 3.2.  You could also consider installing gcc 3.2.
It is actually pretty easy to install in your home directory if you don't
have root access.  Email me privately if you want help exploring this
option.

-Brad