[Insight-developers] Testing/Code/IO build failure

Brad King brad.king@kitware.com
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:57:15 -0500 (EST)

> I just encountered this problem -- Code/Testing/IO build fails because it
> can't find libvtkRendering.a.
[snip]
> This seems to have only affected me, and that one othe Linux machine.
>
> There is now an IO test that depends on vtk, which is included
> unconditionally; what I dont' get is why the VTK lib path isn't getting put
> into the link line for the itkIOTests program.
>
> I also wonder why linking itkIOTest didn't fail on anyone else's dashboard
> build.

You have an old HAS_VTK in your CMakeCache.txt file.  It is left from an
ancient FindVTK implementation that I recently removed from ITK.  I've
removed the code in Testing/Code/IO/CMakeLists.txt that adds this test.
Insight proper no longer uses VTK at all.  InsightApplications uses it for
the example applications.

-Brad