[Insight-developers] Is there a definitive list of File type suffixes?

Mark Foskey mark_foskey@unc.edu
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:36:23 -0500

Of course, people should if possible avoid using suffixes associated to
the common standard 2D image formates, such as .jp(e)g, .bmp, .gif,
.tif, etc.  Of course, there are a ton of formats, and avoiding every
obscure format out there would be silly.  But the widely-used ones are
likely to be supported eventually.  Even if they aren't supported
within itk proper, people will want to create their own readers that
fit into the imageio framework.  So it's a judgment call that you can make.