[Insight-developers] periodic boundary condition

Hans Johnson hans-johnson@uiowa.edu
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:51:42 -0600

Josh,

The need for periodic boundaries is most often needed to reconcile
differences between spatial and frequency domain representations of an
image.  I don't think it makes sense to wrap boundaries on the buffered
region, you must wrap the boundaries on the entire image.

In particular, I am thinking of the case where the periodic boundaries
are used on the output of a frequency domain (FFT) filter applied to an
image.

Perhaps it is upto the application programmer to ensure that the
BufferedRegion=LargestPossible region.

Regards,
Hans J. Johnson
hans-johnson@uiowa.edu