[Insight-developers] removing transforms from Image

Damion Shelton beowulf@cs.cmu.edu
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:22:21 -0500

The removal of the transforms from itk::Image is going smoothly with
(so far) two exceptions. The first is itkAffineTransform test, which
also tested the ability to retrieve the default affine transform from
itk::Image. I removed this part of the test, since it no longer applies.

The second problem is in itkImageMomentsCalculator.txx - it looks like
the conversion between index and physical space is being done manually
by retrieving the stored transform on line 79 and using it on line 118.
If this is all that's happening, the same functionality can be achieved
by calling:

image->TransformIndexToPhysicalPoint( indexPosition, physicalPosition);

in line 118.

Can someone verify that this is the correct solution? I have not yet
checked in any of these changes.

Thanks,
-Damion-