[Insight-developers] IO uses GLUT, and fixed CMake 1.6.2 crash

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman@kitware.com
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 09:17:52 -0500

A bug in CMake exposed a bug in the CMakeLists.txt file in IO.
The problem was that there was an

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${GLUT_INCLUDE_DIR})
in the Insight/Code/IO/CMakeLists.txt file.

This was always done, even if USE_GLUT was OFF.   So, a NOTFOUND could be
added to the include directories.    We have fixed the bug in cmake, and
added a IF(USE_GLUT) around the INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES command in Code/IO/CMakeLists.txt.
So, if cmake was crashing for you, and you update the cmakelists file in Code/IO,
it should no longer crash with CMake 1.6.2.

All that being said, I was quite surprised to see an image viewer in the IO library!
I really think this should be in another place.  It is not IO, it is viewing.

-Bill