[Insight-developers] Question about ImageIO and re-ordering dimensions

Hans J. Johnson hans-johnson@uiowa.edu
04 Feb 2003 08:23:37 -0600

Kent,

I just wanted clarify the problem with orientation about the new analyze
filter (and other) image filters.

We should not require that all images are in coronal view.  What we
require is that after loading, all images can be put into a consistent
orientation.  I would prefer that the orientation alignment be the
programmers responsibility after the file is read in (probably with
.itk::PermuteAxesImageFilter()).

The problem that I forsee is that the orientation information does not
persist outside of the image filter.  If there was some mechanism for
propogating the orientation information with the image, that would solve
the problem.  In addition, it would be nice to be able to propogate
other image information back to the calling environment.

Regards,
Hans