[Insight-developers] A possible class submission

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:21:20 -0500

Hi Samson,

Thanks for contributing your new image
metric classes to ITK.

Please do the following:

1) Submit an experimental build from the
    machine where you have these new classes.
    Make sure that the experimental includes
    the two test associated with these new
    classes.

2) Once the experimental build appears on
    green on the dashboard, please send us
    the files and we will commit them into
    the repository.

3) In order to acknowledge the credits to
    class authors, please add the credits
    that you consider appropriate to the
    documentation of the class. This credits
    will then show up in the Doxygen
    documentation of the class.

Please let us know if you have any questions
or concerns.

Thanks

    Luis

----------------------

Samson Timoner wrote:

 > I have a new ImageToImageMetric that is very nearly ready to be submitted
 > to ITK. It is based on the Kullback-Leibler (KL) Distance.
Essentially, you
 > have two training images that are aligned, and two test images you
wish to
 > align. You try and make the histograms of the overlapping test images be
 > similar to the histogram of the overlapping training images.
Similarity is
 > measured using the KL metric.
 >
 > Because KL is only 1 way to compare 2 histograms, I've written the
code as
 > 2 classes. The first I call "CompareHistogramImageToImageMetric" which
 > inherits from HistogramImageToImageMetric.  This class is an abstract
class
 > which forms a histogram from two training images. Thus, a sub-class must
 > simply define a way to compare the "Training" Histogram to the "Testing"
 > histogram.
 >
 > I've also written KullbackLeiblerCompareHistogramImageToImageMetric. This
 > class only includes the method to compare Histograms using K-L.
 >
 > I've written two test programs to go into Testing/Code/Algorithms,
similar
 > to the tests in there for other ImageToImageMetrics.
 >
 > Questions:
 >
 >  1) Would you like me to submit the two classes and the test function?
 >  2) Other than the code I mentioned, do I need anything else to submit?
 >  3) Any Comments?
 >
 >  Cheers,
 >
 > -- Samson
 >
 > P.S. The reference paper is from:
 >
 >  Albert C.S. Chung, William M. Wells III, Alexander Norbash, and W.
Eric L.
 >  Grimson, Multi-modal Image Registration by Minimising Kullback-Leibler
 >  Distance, In Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted
Intervention -