[Insight-developers] VXL Upgrade

Brad King brad . king at kitware . com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:53:48 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I'm planning to update ITK to use the VNL from a more recent version of
VXL.  This time it will be imported in a way that is hopefully easy to
upgrade on a regular basis in the future.  The changes will also support
using a separately-built VXL's copy of VNL to build ITK.

This is a pretty big change that I'd like to commit soon, but if someone
has a reason to delay a few days, please let me know.  Otherwise I'll
commit the changes within the next week or so.

The biggest compatibility problem with this update is that vnl_vector's
resize method has been renamed from "resize" to "set_size".  I've made a
sweep through ITK to account for this in my working copy.  This change
should not be a problem for ITK applications unless they use vnl directly.

-Brad