[Insight-developers] Finding Floating Point Exceptions

Hans J. Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa . edu
08 Aug 2003 13:44:12 -0500

ITK Developers.

For those with SGI's and the cvd debugger, Under the menu item
[Perf][Select Task] there is a [Floating Point Exception Trace].  If my
memory is correct, you can actually have the debugger stop the each time
it receives a floating point exception.  Make sure the cvd is run in
Performance, rather than Debug mode!

I think that the icc compilers seg fault on floating point exceptions
just like the bcc debuggers.

Regards,
Hans