[Insight-developers] class name abbreviations

John M. Galeotti jgaleotti@cmu.edu
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:26:37 -0400

I suppose a better question then would be how much I need to included
the names of parents in the names of children, when I intend for the
children to actually be used as instances of the parents.  In this
specific case, FourierSeriesDifferentiableParametricFunctionPath would
actually be used as an argument to a function requiring a
DifferentiableParametricFunctionPath object, etc.  So, with that in
mind, is it still fine to drop the "DifferentiableParametricFunction"
part from the long FourierSeries... name?

FourierSeriesDifferentiableParametricFunctionPath derives from
DifferentiableParametricFunctionPath which derives from
ParametricFunctionPath which derives from
Path which derives from
FunctionBase

John
jgaleotti@cmu.edu