[Insight-developers] itkImageRandomConstIteratorWithIndex

Blezek, Daniel J (Research) blezek@crd.ge.com
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:25:27 -0400

Hi all,

  I have been experimenting with the Mutual Information code, while
debugging I noticed that the first index from
itkImageRandomConstIteratorWithIndex is always 0,0,0.  So I tracked this
back to vnl_sample.cxx.  I'm fine with deterministic sampling, but perhaps
the first call to vnl_sample_uniform shouldn't return 0?  Doesn't seem like
the right thing to do.

  itkImageRandomConstIteratorWithIndex has a ReinitializeSeed call, if you
are interested in having a true random iterator, perhaps a call to that
would be in order, as it sets the seed based on the current time.

Comments?
-dan

--
Daniel Blezek, Ph.D.