[Insight-developers] SpatialFunctionImageEvaluatorFilter

Damion Shelton beowulf@cs.cmu.edu
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 15:25:26 -0400

Hi,

That's correct. I wrote this filter prior to the flood fill stuff
existing as a clumsy way of dumping the output of a spatial function
into an image. The actual functionality of this class should probably
(as you suggest) be rolled into a new class called
SpatialFunctionImageSource. There is a class that is sort of like this
called GaussianImageSource, which is specialized for the Gaussian
spatial function object, but it would be pretty easy to do a more
generalized version.

-Damion-

On Friday, April 4, 2003, at 10:31 PM, Lydia Ng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about the SpatialFunctionImageEvaluatorFilter which
> evaluates a SpatialFunction over an output image domain. It is subclass
> from ImageToImageFilter but as far I can tell it does not make use of
> the input image in generating the data for the output.
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense for it to derive from ImageSource? It seems
> like the only purpose for the input image is to set the
> meta-information
> (Origin,Spacing,LargestPossibleRegion) of the output.
>
> -Lydia

---------
Damion Shelton
Carnegie Mellon University, Robotics Institute
A408-o Newell Simon Hall
412.268.3866 (office)
412.818.8829 (cell)
---------
To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you
walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?"
You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."