[Insight-developers] Image-based Testing in Tcl

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 12:07:29 -0400

Do we need all that complexity in the DifferenceImage.  The pixel
shifting code in VTK's regression code was to get around the fact
that OpenGL is not pixel specific.

In ITK, we might be able to do a straight "difference".

The other question is how do we want to measure the difference
between two pixels.  Grayscale images are not a problem. Color images
should probably use a distance in Luv space.  Vector images ????

(Note that VTK's image difference uses a (somewhat) normalized difference
in RGB space. We can use a more precise metric for ITK since we are
not rendering.)

Also we might want to report "how many pixel differed" as opposed
to the average "difference" between pixels.