[Insight-developers] using the tests as examples

Tessa Sundaram tessa@rad.upenn.edu
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 12:02:18 -0400

I forgot to mention this during yesterday's discussion of the book and
simplifying the Examples/, although I think it might have come up at an
earlier meeting.  A lot of the testing code is very straightforward, and
would actually lend itself easily to basic "examples" of ITK.  When I'm
trying to figure out how to use unfamiliar classes, that's one of the
places I look.

In a way, it's the closest thing to uniform "documentation" - it
demonstrates how to define a particular object, what parameters are
necessary, and what other functions need to be called before output can
be obtained.  It's also pretty thorough - there are tests for just about
everything, while there may not be much corresponding documentation.

-ts