[Insight-developers] RE: ConfidenceConnectedImageFilter, MeanImageFunction, VarianceIm ageFunction

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:12:58 -0500

The statistics inside are a little sloppy.  We treat the
statistics from the seed region as population statistics
and define confidence regions.  The confidence regions
should broader to account for the fact that we are not using
population statistics but rather estimates.

This is kind of a "poor man's version" of an algorithm in
my dissertation.  The statistics there are more rigoruous
and take into account that the confidence intervals are
based on estimates.  Actually, I used prediction intervals
there that take into account how far the candidate points
are from the "seed" region in the domain (in other words,
how far the seed region is being extrapolated).