[Insight-developers] USE_QT Option

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:32:45 -0500

Hi Julien,

The QtImageViewer is intended to be built outside the ITK
source tree. The same arrangement will be done for all
the code in the Applications directory.

We are moving the USE_* options out of the main CMakeList.txt.
They will only appear in Auxiliary and/or the Applications
directory. The final objective is to build ITK all by
itself. It is surprisinly easy to build ITK when all
the extra load is removed.

The options : USE_FLTK, USE_VTK, USE_GLUT will be removed
soon since the basic ITK does not depend on them.

We may want to setup things in such a way that "Auxiliary"
is only build if "APPLICATIONS" is built and in that case
the corresponding CMakeLists.txt files in Auxiliary and
Applications will invoke the external libraries they
require.