[Insight-developers] Examples -> Applications

Will Schroeder will.schroeder@kitware.com
Mon, 04 Nov 2002 13:32:45 -0500

Hi Folks-

As Luis indicated in a previous email, we have moved everything in the
Examples directory into Applications. The CMakeLists.txt files have been
changed to support this. You'll want to delete the BUILD_EXAMPLES CMake
entry. When you rerun CMake, BUILD_APPLICATIONS should show up. Set the
flag as appropriate and continue as usual.

To get these changes, do a "cvs update -d" in the Insight checkout. When
that finishes, you can cd Insight/Examples and do a "cvs update -P" and all
the empty directories should disappear. (Note: we are making this change
gradually to minimize disruption. Eventually we will figure out how to do
the build/testing as we've wrangled about on several occasions.)

FYI- Luis and I will be working hard on the examples directory over the
next few months. The purpose is to create examples that support the ITK
documentation (SoftwareGuide).

Will