[Insight-developers] Building GCC 3.0 to compile ITK

Blezek, Daniel J (CRD) blezek@crd.ge.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:36:46 -0500

Hi all,

  On a multi processor machine, GCC 3.0 must be configured as below to support threading in ITK.
Apparently, on a uni-processor machine these flags are not needed.

./configure --enable-threads --enable-thread-safe --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-3.0.4

If compiled without the --enable-threads, and --enable-thread-safe, threaded ITK tests will randomly
crash on multi-processor Linux/Unix machines, likely do to the C/C++/glibc libraries not being thread
safe.  I do not know if RedHat 7.2's version of gcc 3.0 was compiled in this manner as I am still
running 7.1.

The --prefix is not explicitly needed...

-dan

--
Daniel Blezek, Ph.D.
blezek@crd.ge.com